Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Dream Come True!

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life! I officially started my new career as Charlotte's stay at home mama :) For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a wife and a mom. When I was little I used to play with my baby dolls and tell my Mom, "when I grow up I want to be a wife and a mom and that's all!" I'm so blessed that Drew can provide for our family that allows me to stay home without my income.
 
I stressed and stressed throughout my pregnancy on how I would feel once Charlotte arrived and what it would be like to stay home with her full time. I knew I wanted to but I wanted to wait until she arrived to make that final decision. After being home with her for a month, I can honestly say that I don't regret resigning, I feel relieved and happy and a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I know that many moms have to return to work and I just couldn't bear the thought of that being me and having to leave my sweet daughter in the hands of someone else. I want to be the one that feeds her, changes her diapers, plays with her and witnesses every single moment during this precious time of her early life. It makes me the happiest to know that I can and will be able to do that.
 
I have loved my job up until giving birth. Being a first grade teacher has been one of the most rewarding experiences. I also feel that it has provided me with some great tools on becoming a mother. It's giving me patience, understanding, and of course I know how to get my baby ready for school and reading! I hope she's reading at an early age like I was and has a passion for reading and books :) My school has been the best school I could ever have imagined working at. Some of my bestest friends are teachers that I've worked with and I will continue to carry those friendships into the future. And if someday I return to the classroom, I know that I will have done my first priority... being there for Charlotte when she has needed me the most.
 
My dream came true yesterday and I can't wait for Charlotte's and my new adventure! Now, my goals are to get connected with some mom groups/play dates and find a local story time. So excited for me and C's future :)

 

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you and I'm so excited for your decision! That is HUGE and so important and Charlotte will thank you one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I'm so blessed to be able to care for her at home and be there for her every single moment. I know she will be so grateful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs