Sunday, September 30, 2012

Houston Shower

Last weekend, Drew's aunts hosted the sweetest shower for me and Charlotte. It was honestly the best weekend I have had in awhile. My sister, Amy and niece Kaitlyn, drove in from Corpus and Mom drove in from Seguin and they all met me at school... They got to see me teach and meet my students. After school, we ran some errands and went to dinner. That night we set up most of the nursery! It was so fun to have all of this girl time... I haven't had that in quite awhile. It was also fun to show them all of the wonderful things we've been getting for Charlotte in the mail and things we've bought and put together. The nursery is almost complete... pictures to come soon :)

The next day, we all got ready for the shower. We headed over to Drew's aunt's house where my mother-in-law and sister-in-law and my other sister, Katherine, were there waiting to help get the party started! All of my guests started arriving. It was such a nice group of women who definitely spoiled Charlotte! I invited some friends from school, Junior League, Bible Study, Bunco and some of Drew's friend's wives. I felt so blessed that day to have so many sweet friends in my life here in H-town.

After the shower, we headed back to the house and my mother-in-law and sister-in-law spent the night too. More girl time! It was the best! Even Lucy loved having all of this girl time... I have to mention that Drew went to Corpus for the weekend for opening dove season. He was glad to be out of the house with all of this estrogen :)

Sunday rolled around and I shed some tears privately when everyone went home because I didn't want any of it to end. I wish that all my family lived closer and in the same city. I miss them so much.

Next event on the agenda... my DOUBLE baby shower with my BFF Gina (check our her cute blog!). We are both having GIRLS and our best friends from high school are throwing this darling baby shower for us. Two more weeks!

Here are some of my favorites from the Houston shower:

Me and Drew's aunts... sweet hostesses (Mitzi & Lana)


My Girls! My sisters, Katherine & Amy, my niece Kaitlyn and my Mama



Kenedy got Charlotte Tri Delt bloomers :)
Baby Bullet...homemade baby food, here we come!


My Mom gave me another treasure chest filled with treasures!
Old and New... This was my homecoming outfit I wore
when I came home from the hospital... Charlotte will wear it
too along with my bonnet and little pink shoes :)
There was also my baby jewelry, a nightie for me and Charlotte to wear in the hospital, and the baby blanket my grandmother made for me that I was swaddled in to come home from the hospital in (Charlotte will too!) Sweet treasures, I will treasure!

Baby Aidan due in January, Baby Charlotte in November and Baby William in October... Charlotte will have lots of little boyfriends soon :)

Sweet teachers from my school! Tamara & Tori

My adorable friend Kenedy! She is not only a good friend but a sorority sister and even sometimes like a real sister, Charlotte can't wait to meet her Aunt Dede!

Drew's family... Aunt Mitzi, Drew's cousin Laci, Drew's sister Codi, Drew's mom and Aunt Lana

Charlotte's Grandmothers... Her Grammy (my Mama) and her Grandma (mother-in-law)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I got your comment on my blog and just wanted to say hello :) Congrats on your pregnancy--November will be here before you know it and your life will be changed forever (for the better)! Maybe after Charlotte arrives we can talk and I'll let you know what kind of play groups I've found by then? We've been in Katy for 2 years but I still feel "new"--especially to the mom world! Good luck with your last month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs