Monday, October 8, 2012

Nesting

With only a little over a month left before Charlotte arrives, I've begun NESTING! I never knew that it truly was a real deal... but after this past weekend I can honestly say that it is :)

I've been having a lot of anxiety in thinking about all the things I must do before our little angel arrives... such as:
  • Getting house deep cleaned by a maid service
  • Arranging a carpet company to come steam clean carpets
  • Washing baby clothes
  • Finishing up getting our "musts" from our registry
  • Packing hospital bags
  • Installing carseat (which we have left to get... we will after this weekend!)
  • Wrapping up everything at work (that is a WHOLE other issue)... Ugh!
I mean I could literally go on and on... however I'm not going to bore you. But I did have some fun with checking off one thing from that list... this weekend I started washing all of Charlotte's clothes. This girl already has a loaded wardrobe and I get so giddy thinking about playing dress up with her when she arrives. I mean she is going to be my live real baby doll that I always dreamed about, right??

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of Dreft. The original baby detergent that even my Mom used to use to wash all of our clothes with. It's so heavenly and those little baby clothes now folded in the drawers and hanging in the closet are just even cuter now that I know they are really ready for her to wear :)

4-5 more weeks to go! I have another doctor appointment tomorrow so maybe we'll get more of an accurate date of when she will arrive... Have I mentioned that I'm not patient?? Praying for patience :)

Dear Sweet Charlotte,
Mommy cannot WAIT to dress you in all of these cute clothes, but more importantly, I cannot wait to meet you. Keep growing and growing and staying healthy. I love you more than you know.

Love,
Mommy

The BEST smelling detergent ever!

Newborn size drawer...
 
3 Month Drawer... (lots of pink) BTW, I'm still working on the next drawer (6 mon)


Special blankets

Hanging clothes


More hanging clothes and some of my bonnets that were mine when I was little :)

2 comments:

  1. B! I love the new blog and sweet baby Charlotte's room! I miss you and your sweet precious self! Sending love from San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie G! I miss you too :) I am going to do a nursery room post soon as SOON as we are finished with it! Can't wait to show it off. Hope you're doing well, would love to catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs