Tuesday, January 1, 2013

6 Weeks... What a rough week!



My poor little angel... sick with RSV :(
Six Weeks for Charlotte and me has been the hardest week so far and a week I will never forget! My last post I had just broken my ankle... My mother in law came in town on Sunday to help me take care of C since I couldn't walk or drive. I was beside myself with misery!

The next day, Monday, Charlotte came down with a nasty cough and stuffy nose so we decided to take her to the pediatrician. So here we go, I loaded myself in the car with my crutches and all and we had C in the backseat hacking away... we get to the doctor and she thought it was just allergies but decided to do a swab for RSV just in case... later that day she calls me back with the results... C had RSV! She was positive that we had caught it early but to be sure to watch her breathing and if it became labored and she was wheezing to take her to the ER immediately. Of course I freaked out and didn't sleep for the next 24 hours because I was so worried about my baby... keep in mind, I still can't walk so this was even more awful because I really couldn't take care of my baby the way I would have liked to.

Tuesday, Charlotte was getting worse. She was crying all the time, not eating well, sleeping most of the day. She definitly wasn't herself and I knew that something was definitly not right with my baby. She did begin to wheeze so we decided to take her back to the doctor after my doctor appt. I had my 6 week OBGYN appt that morning. Everything was great at my appt but we ended up having to get a nebulizer and start breathing treatments every 4 hours round the clock until seeing results. Again, I was beside myself because my sweet little girl was getting sicker and sicker. It KILLED me to watch her struggle to breath because she was so full of mucus and was coughing so much. I knew she was feeling horrible and on top of that she wanted to nurse 24/7 so I was beginning to get very uncomfortable. But I knew I needed to do what was best for my baby. I had to stay strong for her.

Wednesday, I had my 2nd ankle appt with the orthopedic surgeon to see if I needed surgery or not... We loaded up poor little Charlotte and my MIL drove me. She stayed in the car with C so we didn't have to take her out and I hobbled in. Luckily after the X-Rays... I didn't need surgery! What a sigh of relief and a little bit of good news. I had to make another appt to come back in a week to reevaluate how long I would need to wear the boot. I started feeling very sick later that day and it turned out I had a horrible cold. The rest of the week would be getting worse before it would get better.

My MIL ended up leaving Thursday and my Mom came to take her place to help until my in-laws came back for Christmas the following week. I was so relieved when my Mom was here because she just KNOWS what to do. We stayed home and I rested while C rested as much as possible. After doing round the clock breathing treatments every 4 hours and suctioning out as much mucus as we could... Charlotte was finally starting to make some progress. My Mom was here to hold my hand, hold Charlotte, and just take care of us. It was the best medicine I could have asked for. I don't know how I would have made it without her.

By the end of the week I was able to walk around on my ankle using my boot without crutches and Charlotte was getting more sleep and nursing back to normal. I prayed so much to heal me and to heal Charlotte. We really needed some good luck and blessings coming our way.

What a whirlwind! We ready for this 6th week to pass and for Christmas to come it's way :)

Breathing treatments every 6 hours

At least she looked like a cute little duck!

We needed some much needed prayers :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs