Thursday, January 24, 2013

Weeks 9/10/11.. What We've Been Up To

Such a CUTIE
Well I've been MIA lately from blogging! I need to catch up on what Miss C and I have been up to.

Week 9 was actually for some reason the week of her 2 month bday and we were able to squeeze in some time at our friend's the Pennington's house. Our good friends Missy & Cliff Pennington are some of our best friends. Cliff played shortstop for the Oakland A's and recently after this season ended was traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks. During the off season they live in Houston and enjoy spending time with friends like us and seeing their family. They have one precious son named Brady who just turned 3 right before Charlotte was born. We miss them so much when they are away during the season so when they are home we try to see them as much as possible. We loved going to their new house in The Woodlands for dinner and watch some Texans football. OH- and I got my boot off permenatly from breaking my ankle! Praise God!!
Playtime with my baby girl

Week 10 was a LAZY week for Charlotte and I... we slept a lot, stayed in our pjs most of the days, and I got busy SEWING. I LOVE my new sewing machine that Drew gave me for Christmas and I've had so much fun making personalized burp cloths for Charlotte and some of my fellow mama friends. I also have gotten into making headbands. They are so easy and fun.

Here are some of the websites that I've used to help me out...
Felt Flower Tutorial
Felt Bow Tutorial
DIY Personalized Burp Cloths

Tummy time in our pjs :)
 
 

We also went this past weekend to visit my parents in Seguin. It was our first time to bring Charlotte to Seguin and to take her to my Dad's church (and it was her first time ever to go to church so it was super special). My Dad's birthday is January 21st so we wanted to spend some time with him and my mom anyway and be there for his birthday. We had a wonderful time shopping, visiting my grandmother and just being together as a family. Charlotte did AMAZING at church and I know my Dad was so proud to introduce her to his congregation. I can't wait to have him baptize her within the next month. So special!
Charlotte's first time to church

My sweet family

Just love this little sweet pea!

Week 11 is this week. How can Charlotte almost be 3 months old?? We've spent a lot of time again lounging around but we did have our first playdate! Yesterday we headed over to our friend's house The Miles for some baby fun. All of my bible study girls and their children were all there. With 5 women and 7 babies under the age of 2 it was pretty crazy but super fun. Charlotte loved seeing other babies and she kept looking around and was so interested in what was going on. It was also so nice to have actual converstions with adults and get out of the house. I think it was the first time I'd put on makeup in awhile and gotten dressed out of yoga pants :) I love these girls that I've gotten to know through our bible study, I just wish we all lived closer. We are all scattered throughout Houston... The Woodlands, Jersey Village and Cypress so it makes it difficult to see each other all the time or weekly. We are all SAHM but I'm really eager to find some fellow mamas in Katy. I'm going to try a mom's group at a church here in Katy that meets on Wednesday mornings next week. Hopefully Miss C and I can get connected.

This coming weekend Drew and I are planning to take Charlotte to the zoo if the weather permits. We need to get out of the house and do something fun as a family... I think this is the perfect activity to do! Oh and I think a friendship is starting between these two... just can't get enough of this sisterly love :)
Sisters :)

Come back for more updates on this giggly smily girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs