Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Giggle, A Curl...A Sweet Little Girl! First Grade Team Baby Shower

My amazing first grade team hosted my very first baby shower this past Saturday. I was looking forward to this day for so long. They've been working so hard secretly to make this perfect for me and Baby Charlotte. It turned out amazing!

My Mom and Mother-in-law were able to come in town and my sister Katherine and niece Becca drove over from Baytown. It was so special to have some family there. I also invited my closest friends from school. It was a wonderful turn out and I got some really amazing things. It's really making Charlotte's arrival seem real now that I know I will be using these gifts with her. :) Here are some fun pictures from the shower.

Welcome Table with Party Favors
Delicious Food


LOVED this! My friend who hosted had a chalkboard wall in her kitchen so they were able to write this cute quote on the wall... "Charlotte... you will fill our lives with sunshine... And our hearts with LOVE."

They also had set up a "scrapbook station." Every guest would get to fill out and create a pre-made scrapbook page for all of Charlotte's first's. All I have to do is fill it with pictures when she reaches one of her "firsts." There was "First Thanksgiving" "First Christmas" "First Bath" "First Vacation" "First Mother's Day" all the way until her her "First Birthday" What a special gift and cute idea! I can't wait to document her first life :)

My amazing team/hostesses
Corali, Kristi, Jeannette, Me, Cassie & Tori

Charlotte's two Grandmother's were there to help shower her with love :)
My Mother-in-Law and Mama

Me with my cute glass filled with delicious raspberry punch! Mmm!

Opening presents!

One of my favorite gifts was this trunk from my Mama. Inside was filled with blankets, quilts, shoes and clothes that were made for ME by my Grandmother that was given to my Mama at her baby shower when she was expecting me. How special it was to receive all of this and how special it will be for me to use with Charlotte. She has many treasures that will be passed down to her.

All of my presents! Clothes, diapers, toys, Baby Bjorn, Snug-a-bunny Bouncer, bottles, nipples, pacifiers & bows :)

My cute diaper cake that Kristi made! I don't want to take it apart.

Last but not least... another favorite gift! My friend Laura made this adorable wreath to hang on the hospital door to add decor and Charlotte's information when she is born. Later it will hang in her room and maybe be a future bow hanger... until now it's hanging on the crib.

I also wanted to mention that not only did my sweet Mother-in-law and Mama came in town but my wonderful Dad came too! While we were getting ready for the shower and for the weekend my SWEET Dad helped Drew put together the gorgeous crib, changing table, and install/hang the chandelier in the nursery. It's really starting to look like a baby girl's room but I don't want to post any pictures until the room is almost complete. We still have a long way to go... but I'm getting so eager to spend time in there with my precious little angel. I often love to sit in there rocking Lucy imagining rocking Charlotte. Three more months to go.... yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs