Sunday, August 19, 2012

IT'S A....

GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucy's going to have a little SISTER in November!
My doctor appt to find out the gender was my 3rd appt. It was on June 4th and I was 16 weeks pregnant. We were really fortunate to have a doctor that does a gender test at 16 weeks, instead of the typical 20 week appt. I had previously had dreams that it was a girl but I wasn't trusting them because I just felt like it was too good to be true. I have ALWAYS wanted a daughter but I knew Drew had always wanted a son. We would have been happy with anything as long as it was healthy.

One dream in particular that I had was a "gender revealing" party at our house. In the dream the way we announced to our guests that it was a girl was I had tied a pink bow around Lucy's neck and let her run out into the crowd at our house. So I knew it was the perfect thing to do to announce our wonderful news of our expecting DAUGHTER!

This appt was *extra* special because Drew had not been able to come to the other two appts. Since we had decided to find out the sex that day, he HAD to come! After the routine part of the appt of weight, blood pressure, taking more blood for the rest of the genetic testing, hearing the heartbeat again (which was again very high... 163), it was FINALLY time to go to the ultrasound room. Drew and I were on pins and needles with excitment! I laid down on the table and the technician asked me what I thought the baby was. I told her I had dreamed it was a girl. She asked Drew and he just said he wanted the baby to be healthy and didn't have a preference. After looking at the baby move for awhile on the screen she says, "Well... you're dreams are coming true... It's a GIRL!"

I started crying right away and Drew just squeezed my hand. I couldn't believe it. Right then and there we decided we were going with the name we had chosen if it was a girl. We can't wait to meet Charlotte Grace Dueitt this coming November.

16 Weeks... It's a GIRL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs