Sunday, August 19, 2012

We're PREGNANT!

I wanted to document my pregnancy as much as possible on our blog but time has just slipped away. Let's go back a few months so I can share with you our wonderful EXPANDING news :)

On March 24 (Lucy's 3rd Birthday) I was at home and I had a feeling that morning that I could POSSIBLY be pregnant. I had taken pregnancy tests before and they had come out negative, but I decided to take one anyway because of this gut feeling I had AND... it was POSITIVE! I took 4 more later that day just to be sure. :)


Drew and I had been planning to try soon for a baby and this was definitely earlier than we had expected but nonetheless, we were THRILLED to be expecting our first little sweet pea in November.

I told my parents right away but we wanted to wait to tell anyone else until I had gone to the doctor for the confirmation. Since this was a Saturday I had to wait until Monday to call my doctor. It was the LONGEST weekend of my life. After going to the doctor on Wednesday of that week and we had the confirmation that we were definitly having a baby, I was already 6 weeks pregnant!

I made a copy of the sonogram. Drew and I wanted to surprise his parents (since this was their FIRST grandbaby). I put the copy of the sonogram in a cute little picture frame that had baby booties on the bottom and wrapped it up. We drove to Corpus that Friday after work and as soon as we arrived I told them we had a present for them and it was from Lucy. After opening the bag, they were completely surprised and filled with excitement! They even made the comment, "Lucy's going to be a big sister!" We soon after called Drew's sister, Codi, and my sister's, Amy & Katherine to spread the news. We were waiting to tell all of our friends though until my second doctor appt 4 weeks later just to be on the safe side.

Our sweet little miracle... due November 18, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs