Sunday, August 19, 2012

First Trimester... Nausea, Burps, Exhaustion..OH MY!

My first trimester was completely by the books. I was extremely nauseated ALL THE TIME! I would wake up and feel sick to my stomach. No food sounded appetizing and not to mention I kept burping these awful manly burps. What in the world was going on with my body??

I also was extremely tired all the time. Since this was the end of March/beginning of April, I was trying to wrap up the end of the year with my first graders. There were times when I would just lay my head down and my kids would ask me, "Mrs. Dueitt, did you not get a good night's sleep last night?" It was really cute. I didn't want to tell them yet because it was still very early. It wasn't until the beginning of May when I started showing a small bump that one of my student's asked me, "Are you having a baby????" I figured I couldn't hide it from them anymore. After telling them, literally every day they'd say things like, "Oh you're eating grapes as a snack... now you're baby is eating grapes!" They also had a running competition to see who could guess what it was, boy or girl. I wasn't finding out until summer so I kept telling them, "you'll find out soon when school starts in August...."

Because of my nausea and not wanting to eat ANYTHING but fruit, fruit & more fruit... cheeze-it's, pickles and drink anything citrus like orange juice, I lost almost 8 pounds. I was getting a little worried by my doctor reassure me everything was just perfect.

I had my second doctor's appt at the end of April. Because I had decided to do genetic testing and rule out any kind of worry, I was able to get another sonogram! We still didn't know what our little sweet pea was yet but it was amazing to get to see the baby again.


On May 3rd, we decided to tell the world (including FB world), that we were expecting a little miracle. We posted the picture above with, "Every good and perfect gift is from above"-James 1:17
Drew and I are blessed to announce this Thanksgiving we will be expecting our first little sweet pea!"

I finished up the school year the last week of June and was so happy to finally be reaching the 2nd trimester point. I was ready to be done with all of the sickness (it has mostly tapered off). I also was anticipating the date of June 4th when we would find out if sweet pea was a BOY or GIRL???


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs