Thursday, April 11, 2013

Child of God

Charlotte Grace on her most special day
Last weekend is a weekend we will never forget. We had Charlotte's baptism at my Dad's church in Seguin. It was incredibly special to have my Dad do the service. When my parent's took a trip to the Holy Land before I was born, my Dad brought back some water from the River Jordan intending to use one day to baptize the grandchildren with. All of my nephews and niece have been baptized with this water and Charlotte was too! He saved some for any more children that we will have! :)
 
If you know me then you know how special traditions are. Charlotte wore my mother-in-law's christening gown that she wore, her sisters wore, my husband and sister-in-law wore and all the cousins. Charlotte is the first grandchild to wear it! She also wore my bonnet and silver bracelet given to her by her great-grandmother.
 
I was so nervous that she would cry during the service but she was a complete angel baby. I think she knew it was her special day! Drew and I went up to the front along with my sister Amy and brother-in-law, Danny, who we asked to be Charlotte's Godparents. After the baptism, my Dad walked Charlotte up and down the aisles of the church while they played my FAVORITE lullaby. I have sung this song to Charlotte since the minute she was born to calm her. We sing it every night before bed with her prayers. Here's how it goes:
 
Charlotte Grace, God claims you
He helps you, protects you and loves you too
We this day do all agree a child of God you'll always be
And if you should tire or cry we will sing you this lullaby
Charlotte Grace, God claims you
He helps you, protects you and loves you too
Mommy and Daddy love you so
They want to help your faith to grow
Charlotte Grace, God claims you
He helps you, protects you and loves you too.

 After the service, all the family came back to my parent's house for lunch and dessert. Charlotte received some very special presents. Her own set of baby pearls, a cross necklace, the baptism shell necklace, a praying little stuffed animal that whispers the Lord's Prayer when you squeeze it's hands, a gorgeous picture frame to put her baptism picture in, a pink cross for her wall, engraved with her initials mini silver hair brush, comb and rattle and a Willow Tree figurine that plays Brahm's Lullaby when you twist it.
 
Thank you everyone who prayed for sweet Charlotte Sunday morning during her baptism. We are so blessed to have such a beautiful perfect daughter that is now seen in the eyes of our Lord and Savior as a Child of God.
What is the name to given to the child... Charlotte Grace

Do you promise to raise your child in the eyes of the Lord?



Charlotte Grace... I baptize you in the name of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit

Child of God

Poppa showing off his granddaughter :)

Sweet baby girl

Praying for Charlotte

With Grammy and Poppa
 

Parents and Godparents

Charlotte's Godparents... her Aunt Amy & Uncle Danny

A few weeks before we had the baptism, my mom and I took Charlotte to have her picture made in the christening gown. Here are a few of her & me that we had made to display at the lunch after the baptism and to hang in our house :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs