Tuesday, April 2, 2013

My Best Friend

My beautiful best friend and her precious baby girl
When I found out I was pregnant last March all my hopes and dreams were coming true but I didn't realize how even more perfect life would be when my best friend told me she was pregnant as well! Not only had Gina and I shared growing up in the same neighborhood, cheered together in high school, both pledging the same sorority Tri Delta, planned our weddings together but now we were going to be having babies at the same time!
At our Double GIRL baby shower

I will never forget the day that she told me the good news. Gina and her husband Brian were in Europe at the time taking an amazing vacation before he graduated from medical school and they would be moving somewhere across the country for his residency. She had called me a few times through skype phone to briefly tell me how amazing it was over there and some of the things that they had experienced. It was late that evening and a random number was calling me (I knew this was her since it was a skype phone through computer that she was using). I answered it sooo anxious to talk to her. I had literally found out I was pregnant the day before they left for Europe so every chance I could get I was ecstatic to tell her all about what I was going through. And then she told me something that BLEW my mind... "Becca, you're not going to believe this! But I took a pregnancy test in France and I think I'm pregnant too! And that means that I'm only a few weeks behind you!"
WOW! What a crazy, miraculous, amazing and exciting news! I couldn't wait until they returned home so she could go to her doctor to confirm. Long story short... she was pregnant and due only 5 weeks behind me. Not only were we besties but our future babies HAD to be besties too!
And then I found out I was expecting a girl... sweet Charlotte. And sure enough a few weeks later, Gina found out she was also expecting a girl... sweet little Annabel. You can't even imagine how excited we were to now be talking about bows, dresses, tea parties, and dolls.
I was so fortunate to be able to go visit Gina while we were both pregnant in July. Brian, her husband, was sent to Charlottesville, Virginia for his residency and I was so excited to travel to that part of the US for a few days to talk ALL ABOUT BABIES with my BFF.
November came and sadly Gina couldn't be with me when Charlotte was born. We did FaceTime constantly so it felt like she got to meet Charlotte right away. And then December came and Annabel was born. Sadly, I couldn't be there either to meet her either so again we FaceTimed as much as possible so it felt like I had met Annabel. Since then we literally FaceTime or at least talk on the phone or text multiple times a day so it's as if we aren't thousands of miles away. Gina plans on coming to Texas for a few weeks at the end of May and I could not be happier... I cannot wait to meet my sweet God Daughter, Annabel, and I cannot wait to give my best friend the biggest hug. I miss her so much but so thankful for technology that helps us ease the distance. And most importantly, I cannot WAIT for our baby girls to finally meet!

I love you Gina and I cannot wait for you to get here! Only a month and half away!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this brought tears to my eyes!!! What a blessing you are to me. I have the sweetest best friend in the whole wide world. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs